Merck (also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD outside the United States) is a multinational pharmaceutical company with headquarters in the United States and a strong global presence.
The Latin American Region sales and marketing operations of Merck had problems organizing data coming from multiple sources of information. They were not able to properly visualize marketing and sales data, and a number of errors in their dashboards made them unfit as a tool to analyze sales incentive payments.
– Implementation of a tool that allows better track of Multi-channel (Email, Webcast, Website, Self-Detailing) 360 View and enhance better decisions.
– Reduction time on top level decisions.
- Tibco Spotfire
Heinsohn generated data analytics reports for the different marketing campaigns through all channels: Email, Webcast, and Website for all Latin American countries: Argentina, Brazil, CARD (Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela).
The solution included a number of dashboards to support the daily activities and decisions of Key Account Managers (KAMs) that included all key account information about their customers.
The solution also included the analysis of sales data for Merck Latin America, including sales by country and region, client, product, and priority in addition to Inventory Details.
The Dashboard facilitated the understanding by the Regional Team of the following items by country and month:
• Number of participants achieving bonuses vs the total unit eligible population
• The overall distribution (actual vs target) and hence business unit compensation
• The average bonus received
• Directionally, the amount awarded as a % of base salary
Heinsohn also created an Oncology Dashboard for its cancer drug Keytruda, that analyzes sales data for the Merck SalesForce in Argentina.
Heinsohn used its knowledge and expertise as a Tibco partner, to develop the Data Reports using Tibco’s Spotfire.